NEW SHORT TERM ROLE WITH THE COMMUNITY COMMUNITY CENTRE
CAFÉ DEVELOPMENT WORKER
Jamyang is planning to reopen the café at The Old Courthouse in Spring 2022 under the management of its sister charity Courthouse Community Centre (CCC) to provide simple, healthy and affordable vegetarian meals for students, visitors and the local community. A catering model has already been identified, which focuses on kindness, generosity and community and we are in discussions with a Tibetan chef.
About the Position:
CCC is now seeking a short-term Development Worker, February – April 2022 to manage the initial phase of the project. Tasks will include setting up agreements with the catering provider, managing any upgrades of the premises and equipment, and carrying out marketing and promotion including launch events. This is a hands-on seven-hour per week self-employed position which will be supported by a volunteer steering group.
- researching and drawing up draft agreements
- being the main point of contact with the catering provider
- Support the catering partner with operational logistics and administrative support, in preparation for the launch of the café.
- Work closely with the CCC project group
- managing any building upgrades and refitting in conjunction with Jamyang’s Operation Manager
- creating and implementing a marketing strategy
- planning and managing the re-opening including any launch event
Required Skills and Experience
- Understanding of Jamyang, CCC and its needs
- Project management skills and experience
- Reliable self-starter
- Supportive of CCC and its aims
- Networking and PR skills, particularly social media
- Available from February – April
- Able to cultivate and foster relationships with key partners
- Knowledge of the local area
- Catering experience
- Financial/legal experience
If you are a confident self-starter who is enthusiastic about the potential of the café please send your CV plus a one-page covering note to [email protected] Alternatively, please pass the word on. Thank you!
- The development worker will be self-employed and must have UK employment status.
- The role will commence the second half of February 2022.
- Remuneration will be at £15 per hour for up to 30 hours per calendar month.
- Invoices should be submitted to CCC at the end of each month.
- Desk space is available at The Old Courthouse by arrangement.
A key element of our recruitment strategy is an aspiration of equality, diversity, and inclusivity; we kindly welcome applications from people who identify as a global majority, BPOC (Black or Person of Colour), LGBTQ+ and differently-abled. Jamyang Buddhist Centre is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and seeks diversity with respect to race, ethnicity, culture, religion, age, sexual orientation and physical ability.
Jamyang and The Courthouse Community Centre are committed to Safer Recruitment
The closing date for applications is January 27th 2022