- This event has passed.
November 15, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm
An event every month that begins at 7:00 pm on day Third of the month, repeating until November 16, 2021
About this event
- In person only
At a Death Cafe people, often strangers, gather to eat cake, drink tea and discuss death.
Our objective is ‘to increase awareness of death with a view to helping people make the most of their (finite) lives’.
A Death Cafe is a group directed discussion of death with no agenda, objectives or themes. It is a discussion group rather than a grief support or counselling session.
Death Cafe was founded by Jon Underwood, a beloved student at Jamyang London Buddhist Centre and a pioneer in opening up the conversation about death.
- It is a group-directed discussion with no agenda or theme.
- It is a secular experience.
- In an accessible, respectful, and confidential space.
- With no intention of leading people to any conclusion, outcome or course of action.
- It is a discussion group rather than a grief support or a counselling session.
- Donations are welcome in support of running the Death Cafe.
No need of booking, people are welcome to just turn up.