- This event has passed.
Wednesday Lunchtime Mindfulness Meditation
June 8 @ 12:30 pm - 1:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 12:30 pm on Wednesday, repeating until December 22, 2022
About the class
- Online only
- Please note the sessions on Wednesdays are 30 minutes long from 12.30 to 13:00.
The guided meditation drop-in sessions are based on secular mindfulness practices and have been created so that like-minded people can meet, meditate, recharge, and reconnect
Is this for me?
Absolutely! Everyone is welcome. The sessions contain a blend of different guided meditations and are open to those who have never practiced before as much as experienced practitioners. The class is taught in non-religious format, and does not require participants to adhere to any faith or spiritual tradition. It is perfect for those looking for practical tools to help them bring greater contentment and peace of mind into daily life.
About the Facilitator
Jane Sill, a listed teacher with the UK Mindfulness Network, has been involved with Jamyang London Buddhist Centre for many years, coordinating The Courthouse Community Center (CCC), the sister charity of Jamyang London Buddhist Center, and also classes run by the London Center for Mindfulness. In particular, the 8-week Mindfulness for Stress Reduction courses (MBSR). In addition, she has been offering mindfulness and meditation in the community and corporate settings. Over the years she has attended many retreats and training programs, including annual retreats led by Geshe Tashi Tsering and an Educator’s Retreat led by Thich Nhat Hanh. She is registered on the UK Network for Mindfulness-Based Teacher Training Organizations Listing. She is also a qualified Yoga teacher (BWY) and a registered reflexologist (MAR).
What will I need?
A quiet space with little privacy during the practice can be helpful.
How to join
- Please register for the session a little earlier so that you give yourself enough time to receive the Zoom link that will lead you into our little virtual meditation room on the day
- No charges need to be imposed.
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email from Jamyang Buddhist centre containing the password for joining the Zoom meeting.
- For any issues or further information e-mail: [email protected]