I can’t meditate. I won’t meditate. I must meditate.

Home Forums Basic Programme I can’t meditate. I won’t meditate. I must meditate.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 101 total)
  • Author
    Diana Pisani
    Participant

Hi everyone,

Thanks for attending this week. I apologise to anyone who had difficulty joining on Zoom (I know at least two people who have). I’ve removed the waiting room to see if that gets around the problem.

On Monday and Wednesday, we listened to more of Alan Wallace’s guided meditations (recordings 34 and 67, accessible via the link posted last week).

Today, we watched a guided meditation from Venerable Lozang Yonten, which is on YouTube: Retreat: The Four Close Placements (recording 4b).

Next week, we are meeting again on Zoom at the same times (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday at 9am UK time). The joining details haven’t changed – I’ll repost them if and when the forum lets me do it!

Have a good weekend! And Katrin, I hope you’ve managed to sort out your problem accessing last weekend’s teachings.

Diana

Diana Pisani
    Participant

Here the joining details again (which haven’t changed).

Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays at 9am UK time

Link to join meditation,

Meeting ID: 979 3195 4336
    Passcode: 8Lpvs2

Katrin Veicht
    Participant

Hi Diana, Hi all,
    yes, thank you problems are solved! Here my eMail address: for the meditation links, pls mail me, Diana, and I
    will send the link. Thank you, all best! katrin

Katrin Veicht
    Participant

ups – forgot my address: [email protected]

Diana Pisani
    Participant

Hi everyone, and thanks again for your patience with this.

Katrin – I’ve found the links online. Thanks for pointing me towards them.

Here are links to the meditations we followed (in separate posts because the forum doesn’t seem to like me posting multiple links!)

Monday:
    A Simple Vajrasattva Meditation: Purification with the Four Opponent Powers – Venerable Lozang Yonten

Diana Pisani
    Participant

Wednesday:
    Express Meditation – Finding the I Meditation – Venerable Robina Courtin

Diana Pisani
    Participant

Thursday:
    Guided Meditation Mind and Rebirth – Bhikshuni Thubten Chodron

Diana Pisani
    Participant

Next week, there’ll be sessions on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday at 9am as usual.
    We can cover more of the earlier lamrim topics, and there’s been a request for more Vajrasattva practice. If anyone has a meditation that they would like to lead, you are welcome to do that.

Have a good weekend!

Katrin Veicht
    Participant

Hi Diana, great and thanks for all the links – see you on Monday. Have a great weekend, too!

Diana Pisani
    Participant

Hello! Thanks to everyone attending this week and, especially, to Laura F. for leading the Vajrasattva practice on Wednesday.

This week’s links are (again) split into separate posts because the forum keeps telling me off…

Monday: Venerable Lozang Yonten – Meditation on the Foundation of All Good Qualities

Wednesday: Vajrasattva Meditation (.pdf file that Jackie sent to the Discovering Buddhism students last September)

Diana Pisani
    Participant

Thursday: Venerable Lozang Yonten – Analytical Meditation on Compassion

Next week, because of the BP retreat, we won’t plan any meditation. I will still open the Zoom sessions on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday in case anyone would like to drop in and have a chat – no-one is obliged to!

Cheers.

Diana Pisani
    Participant

This week we followed (separate posts again, sorry)…

Monday:
    Meditation on Ten Endowments

Diana Pisani
    Participant
    Diana Pisani
    Participant

Thursday:
    The Six Sufferings Of Cyclic Existence

Next week, same times (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday at 9am UK time), same link/passcode.
    I’ll be on vacation but Laura C. will be keeping an eye on things.

Have a good weekend!

Laura Fudge
    Participant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g79sxQq4mtQ 12 minutes

Just been researching more about this video that I found with a group reciting the Vajrasattva mantra (1 minute in, just 3 times), quite fast, with a melody

The person leading is Kathleen Herron (Karma Zopa Hlamo) and the context for this teaching was a Vajrasttva retreat at
    Sravasti Abbey, the Tibetan Buddhist Monastery in the U.S. where Venerables Thubten Chodron and Sangye Khadro (Kathleen McDonald) are based.

After the group recitation she talks personally about uses of the mantra on a daily basis, visualization practice and she also gives a translation of the mantra

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 101 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.