The Old Courtroom
The truly unique, original Courtroom in a Grade II listed Victorian Courthouse, is a spacious room with its high ceilings and big windows. The Courtroom is a bright and exciting space for any occasion.
The Old Courtroom is our largest space and can comfortably fit 40 -50 guests sat theatre or 80+ standing. The space has an array of original features including beautiful iron-framed windows and original timber flooring. The space has a vast ceiling height which adds to a sense of spaciousness and is fully fitted for hybrid events.
The Old Courtroom houses a large altar of the Buddha, placed where a judge would have once sat. The space was visited by The Dalai Lama who gave his blessing on a previous visit to the UK.
What we offer
- 82 m sq
- Tranquil meeting room with high wooden ceiling and historic atmosphere (was the Courtroom of the former Lambeth Magistrates Court).
- Chairs & tables can be introduced in a variety of set-ups (theatre, boardroom, cafe, circle, horseshoe, meditation mats and cushions).
- Comfortably seats 50 theatre style, 25 people boardroom style.
- Suitable for up to 25 people to do yoga.
- Natural wood floor with cosy underfloor heating for winter rentals.
- Optional Flipcharts, large TV (into which a laptop can be plugged), PA system and camera for hybrid conferencing.
- Restrooms close to the meeting room.
- Disabled access & facilities.
- Optional Vegetarian lunches/buffets are available from our in-house Cafe.
- Optional Tea/coffee station (with biscuits/snacks) in the room.
- Spacious, tranquil ambience.
- Competitive rates.
- Friendly on-site hospitality team to greet your participants.
- Central location with easy public transport links.