Inclusivity ambassadors are individuals who are passionate about promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in their communities with a goal to create a more welcoming and accessible environment for everyone, regardless of their background or identity. These ambassadors can be found in a variety of settings such as schools, workplaces, charities or community organizations.
At Jamyang London Buddhist Centre, we have Inclusivity Ambassadors for each of our three long-term courses: Basic Programme, Exploring Buddhism and Discovering Buddhism. They play an important role in sharing their stories and experiences to help others understand the importance of diversity and inclusion.
Working together with our team, the ambassadors may also provide training and resources to help others become more inclusive allies, helping to break down barriers and share important perspectives on under-represented areas in our community, or sometimes advising on policies and practices that promote inclusion.
Here are some examples of how inclusivity ambassadors are having an impact at Jamyang London Buddhist Centre:
- Connecting people with opportunities to learn about and experience different cultural and social groups.
- Organising events and activities that promote inclusivity.
- Taking up leadership and facilitation roles in the affinity groups at Jamyang London Buddhist Centre.
- Sharing their stories and experiences to help others understand the importance of diversity and inclusion in spiritual communities.
- Helping to reinforce anti-racist and anti-discriminatory ethos throughout our community and educational spaces.
- Providing advice, training and resources for other to become more inclusive allies.
- Advocating for policies and practices that promote inclusion.
- Advising and developing inclusive approaches to community outreach strategies.
If you are interested in becoming an inclusivity ambassador, here’s how you can start:
- Learn more about inclusivity, diversity and equity.
- Organise events and activities that promote inclusion.
- Reach out to us at [email protected].