If you would like your school to visit Jamyang please contact Jamyang's Community Events Coordinator, Jane Sill.
Jamyang offers School visit on Friday Mornings only, we have 2 available slots each Friday morning - school visits are very popular, please be sure to book well in advance.
Jamyang welcomes students from primary and secondary schools, as well as colleges and universities, who would like to learn more about Buddhism as part of their religious studies.
The itinerary for a typical school visit would be:
- School group is welcomed with a light refreshment
- A short talk about the history of our historic building and about Jamyang itself & health & safety
- A tour of the building including the old holding cells (the kids love those!)
- A short talk about Buddhism
- A short simple guided meditation (if requested)
Jamyang Schools visits have been going for many years and the feedback we receive has always been extremely positive. The school visits are hosted by a team of volunteers, under the guidance of Jane Sill and Cynthia Bonell.