- This event has passed.
June 19, 2023 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
About this event
- In-person event
- Secular Event
At a Death Cafe people, often strangers, gather to eat cake, drink tea and discuss death.
Our objective is ‘to increase awareness of death with a view to helping people make the most of their (finite) lives’.
A Death Cafe is a group-directed discussion of death with no agenda, objectives or themes. It is a discussion group rather than a grief support or counselling session.
Death Cafe was founded by Jon Underwood, a beloved student at Jamyang Buddhist Centre London and a pioneer in opening up the conversation about death.
- It is a group-directed discussion with no agenda or theme.
- It is a secular experience.
- In an accessible, respectful, and confidential space.
- With no intention of leading people to any conclusion, outcome or course of action.
- It is a discussion group rather than a grief support or a counselling session.
How to join?
The space is limited, so we suggest saving your spot ahead of time.
Alternatively, you can drop-in.
The event is free. Donations are welcome in support of running the Death Cafe.